Friday, August 20, 2010

Can Someone help me understand my breakup?

About two years ago, I got into a relationship with what seems like the greatest person ever. I have never been in a relationship like this. This girl was the most positive influence I have ever had. She would push me to be so much more then I ever thought I could. She helped me get into college, get to a gym and get fit, and most of all help me to trust someone, as I had just gotten out of a really really bad relationship. Everything was awesome and perfect, and I had actually felt some sort of happiness for once in my life, which had up til then been full of bad events from my childhood. We got engaged last summer.





Last August she was accepted to a School that was 250 miles away. We were heart broken, but decided we could handle a long term relationship. mid semester she fell into a bad depression, and wanted to come back home and attend a school here, and last December move back, Everything was great again. Last month (January) I noticed she started getting a little moody, and slightly touchy. Being a guy I shrugged it off and blamed it on hormones.





Three days ago she came to my house, and decided she wanted to break up. When I heard this I couldn't belie it! I asked her way and she said things like ';I don't want a relationship right now';, ';This relationship doesn't feel right to me';, ';I haven't been single since I was 14 (6 years ago) and I want to not be in a relationship';, ';We feel like best friends that occasionally have sex';, ';I want to go out and not feel bad that your not there having fun with me'; and so on. I wanted to support her decision, so I went along with it assuming it was a break. She seemed to have taken it harder then me, and came unglued before she left my house. I txted that night and told her I still loved and cared about her, and how I didnt want it, and that it felt...wrong. She replied saying that she didnt like it either, and it did feel wrong..she just thought it was for the best.





The next two days went by, and I didn't call or txt her (Tried to give her some space) but the following night she commented me via Facebook wanting to know what had happened to me that night (I posted something about getting pulled over). SO i took it as a chance to call her and talk. I called and we indeed talked. I asked her what we were doing, a break or were we over. She said she couldn't answer that right now because she didn't know. I then proceeded to tell her that I still feel weird about the whole thing. Eventually we got around and she told me we were through, and that if we did get together it would be in a long time. Also that if she was making a mistake, she would internet stalk me for a little while, ask around about me, then work her way back into talking to me. That conversation took place yesterday.





I have not called her tonight, Nor do I plan to. I have taken her off my phone, off my myspace and facebook, and removed all the pictures I had of her. She still has all the pics of me up and hasn't even changed her relationship status on myspace, and posted saying she felt weird.





I dont understand whats going on really, even though I guess to some people its pretty clear. I have been reading alot of break up material that state not to call or txt and give her space...which I am doing. WHat I want to know: Is there any chance of us getting back together based on what I have presented? What does most of this mean? and how long before I might hear from her again?





I don't want to have any replies about ';Moving on'; or ';Getting over it'; if you have to say that, keep it to yourself, I will get over it eventually lie I have in the past, I just want to be with this person, as it is the only relationship I have ever had that felt real. Please someone hel me, as I am in shambles right now.Can Someone help me understand my breakup?
She may want the space to date around, because it doesn't sound like she's had the chance because she's been in love with you. She probably wants room to be free and shes probably craving the space of being ';single';, but she doesn't know what to do because:


1. There's no doubt in my mind that she still loves you


2. Shes spent 6 years of her life being your girl and now it's so hard because you're not there


3. She feels that she needs the space to be an adult and make new choices





I really think that she's made her choice, but now she's scared because she didn't know that you'd take it so well, she thought that you'd beg for her back or call her every night to try to persuade her opinion... and you didn't. So now she's confused and feels lost, empty, lonely and confused...





I wish you luck :/... and I'm sorry. It is a very complicated situation and I think it's just best for you to give her the time that she needs to decide what she wants...


Easier said than done, love...

No comments:

Post a Comment