Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does it ever get easier when dealing with the death of a parent?...?

today its been one year since my father passed away, (im only 23), he was pretty sick, and had been for years and we knew he didnt have long left at that time, i hid how i felt for a long time, kind of hid my pain behind my eyes. well 38 days after my dad passed away last year my grandma passed away also. i have been dealing with the pain since,and have been missing them since. i have yet to figure out how to deal with my grief, maybe its because im young or something, however older people i have talked to said they dont know how i got through that time. also within the last year i had a pretty bad breakup with someone i spent 3 years with, (she cheated on me and left me for that person), then the woman i got with after i fell for really hard and she cheated on me and left me for a guy she used to date who used to beat her. just to clarify im a lesbian. i ended up moving several times, had to leave my job and have now ended up back at my moms. needless to say i had a pretty rough last 12 months. does anybody have any advice to help me keep my head up? im not used to being sad and letting things get to me like they have but its hard not to even for the most stubborn like myself. does it ever get any easier when dealing with the death of a parent? i would really appreciate any positive advice anybody can give me. thanks!Does it ever get easier when dealing with the death of a parent?...?
My mom died when i was 20. We weren't really close, but I had a really hard time dealing with it. That was 4 years ago. I still have a hard time with it. Especially over holidays. It does seem not as bad as time goes on but the pain will still be there. The best thing to do is remember that your father is in a better place now. He is out of the pain he was in for so long. He would want you to be happy and not so down on his death. That's the way I see it, and that is what helps me carry on. Hope this helpsDoes it ever get easier when dealing with the death of a parent?...?
I lost my dad when I was 6, and have lost numerous family members since then ( I am now 25). It gets easier as the time goes on. Look to your family for support. We all die, so spend what time you do have with the family and friends. You can bulldoze through it with them.
  • african american hair
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment