Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting over someone.?

I've been broken up with an ex I dated almost two years since the beginning of April. We occasionally text because he promised we'd be friends. Yesterday I texted him and he apparentley got a new girlfriend and she called me from his phone telling me to leave him alone because I just make him miserable, and that they have great sex so leave them both alone.


I know he is a jerk and and an asshole, I don't need anyone to tell me that anymore.


But it's been months and I still have nightmares about him and sometimes cry, and I think I must be in love with him still, even though I hate him.


Besides finding someone else, which isn't going very well for me right now, does anyone have any advice as to how to really get over someone/ a breakup? I still think about it and I think something must be wrong with me. Any real life experiences?


I'll pick a best answer right away! Getting over someone.?
First if all the girl that phoned u back sounds like a complete ***** there was no need to say anything like that to you especially bringing sex in to it!! She seems very insecure about you!!!





Ok this is prob gonna turn into a novel of an answer but I was in exactly the same place as you about 2 yrs ago. I was going out with a guy for nearly two years and he was my first properboyfriend and even the first boy id ever kissed way back when i was 12!!!!! He told me he loved me and we did everything together. He promised me the sum moon and stars and that he never wanted to be without me!!! This guy was talkin about marrage and we were only 18!!!So as u can prob tell i was obsessed with him and couldnt bare to be without him! We broke up and i actually thought my life was over. I took it very badly, didnt eat for weeks sleep didnt go out with friends...i was DEVASTATED!!!It took me a while but eventually i started to cut all ties with him. i got a new phone number and i took up a new hobby and made new friends. I started college and i completely forgot about him! I still did think about him but as the weeks went by it was less and less. Im now 21 and have a new amazing boyfriend who is so much better than me in so many ways!!! Even when i thought i couldnt live without the first guy and there would be nobody like him i found someone better when i wasnt even trying!! I just learned to love myself and my life and realise i didnt need him to be happy and poof i met someone else!!!





I know now it seems like these are all just words and that ur probably in a lot of pain but trust me it will get better!!!! Now after two years of not seeing the other guy we are back friends and im totally over him!!!!





Mail me if u need any other advice or a chat!!!!!





Hope ive helped!!!





joan.molloy@yahoo.comGetting over someone.?
Well, I'm married and my ex has been my ex for about 6 years now... and he still ends up in dreams once in a while and in my head regularly. All I will say is it gets better. And, for the record, I still believe we were not meant to be and I am better off without him... go figure.
well personally i think that the easiest way to get over a person is by doing things that will keep you busy %26amp; your mind off that person. for example join a club or a group of some sort, something active that will turn your focus somewhere else, and leave you less time thinking about that person and being sad. it is not a bad thing to still be in love with someone after you break up, especially if you guys have been together a long time. but you cannot dwell on it for a long time becuase then the only person that is not happy %26amp; who is hurting is yourself. i yes i was in the same situation about 2 years ago, and at 1st i hurt really badly and all i could think about was him, %26amp; i was always sad, but then i realized that me being sad wasn't going to help things and that i was tired of crying all the time, so i started hanging out more with my friends and going out with them so that i had to focus on other things %26amp; so i didn't have time to think about him, an in the end i was able to get over him and move on %26amp; meet someone else who became my best friend %26amp; who i've been with for a year going on 2 years now. you just gotta tell yourself that you wanna be happy. don't let one certain person or event change you and make you sad. go out there have fun with your friends, and who knows you could meet your new boyfriend soon! :] GOOD LUCK!
This has happened to me too and I think the thing is that you get to a point where you miss not necessarily the person, but the part of the relationship that was good. I think it's better to accept that at least part of you has some feelings for him that might take a long time to go away. I think it's better to avoid contact with the person too. It seems to me that staying in touch with the person makes it even harder to forget. It's like it re-news something you can't have.





Try to keep busy, take up a new hobby or take a class about something you enjoy. Keep busy to take your mind off it. Next thing you know you might meet a great guy.





Good Luck
As Cliche as it sounds, I do know how you feel. Break-ups are the worst. It's equivalent to dealing with someone in your life dying, because in a way, that's what happens. The only thing I can tell you, is time heals all wounds. Try taking up something new...when I broke up with my ex two years ago, I took up boxing..it boosted my confidence which in turn helps heal the heart. One day when you least expect it, you will meet someone ( I did) and when it's the right one, the ex just seems like a distant memory, and eventually you will wonder why you were all torn up!


Keep your chin up! Life's to short!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment