Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you ever gained someone back after a breakup, even in the long term (weeks, months)?

I work with my no ex-gf. We are 27 (her) and 34 (me), and practically lived together, but wanted to be smart and pace ourselves rather than just jump in. We were together for almost a year, the ';brand newness'; had faded and was mixing with the regularity of our lives together and not-so-brand-new things that long-term couples accept. We've been through some life-changing hardships together, and she surprisingly has recently courted another guy via growing phone conversations in the last month and now has even slept with him, gone missing for nights, lied about her whereabouts, etc...all the while telling me she was ';not with anyone else, just unsure';, though, after telling her this new absence was completely making me furious, I gave her many understanding chances to sit and talk and tell me if it was over and/or if there was someone else. Still ';unsure';. (And if you can answer why she did THAT, that would also be a HUGE help). I found out she had sex with him and has been staying at his house, I confronted her, and after denying it over and over, she admitted it and then still says she is ';unsure'; who to choose. (Arggggh!) Frankly, I don't know why I'd even want her, but I still do. Here's the problem: I would like to shut her out of my life and allow her to one day see that I was sincerely hurt, pissed, AND gone from her life, and maybe miss us enough to see what she had walked away from in such a wrong manner. She takes comfort that she doesn't have to miss me too much, because she works directly with me (I know, stupid choice), and you can tell that she really wants both worlds - asking me please to still be her friend and being horrified when I say I will not.





So, the question is, girls, what is the best way for me to carry out my days and how to act around her to make her possibly get back what is just barely gone (a few days now) or to maybe regret her choice?





(As an example, I know that, in the past, when I've broken up with a girl, it's always a crusher to see when she acts like everything in her world is still so happy or when she suddenly starts hanging out with a new guy.)





So? Happy and conversational (which she could probably just see as regular necessary work-related talk), or blue and obvious about what this break up has done to me?





Sorry for the long question, but I'm heartbroken and would love your best advice.Have you ever gained someone back after a breakup, even in the long term (weeks, months)?
well, i'm not a girl, but if you want any answer I'll answer





She lied to you, slept with someone else, and etc. Why in the world would you want someone like that. She destroyed the trust between you. There's something wrong with you if she still want her back. As for carrying out your days just view things as neutrally as possible and just be friends and wait till she makes her decision. You can't convince her back, even though she is deciding. She preferred him more because she slept with him and not you. She cheated on you and you should just forget her.





You are holding on to her just because you don't want to let go. Once you get over it or convince yourself why you should leave, you will be happy that you left her.





Just move on, there are better women out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment