Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How long after the holiday season.....?

....should you wait to breakup with someone? We've been together for 6.5yrs, living together for 2. Ongoing issues that never get resolved and growing dissatisfaction and resentment on my part. We met when I was 19 and he was 24. He is content to stay in the relationship but I'm feeling more and more like I need to get away. We don't even sleep in the same bed anymore (haven't for over 1.5yrs)How long after the holiday season.....?
You're very thoughtful in keeping this conversation away from the holidays. I did the same when I had the ' talk ' with my ex-husband that I felt we shouldn't be married any more. My advise is to wait till about three weeks into the New Year. But be careful to stay clear of upcoming Valentines Day . . . you'd have the same problem then also. If he asks how long have you felt this way, and he does the 'math' and discovers you felt this over the Christmas holiday season, kindly express to him your intent not wanting to put a damper on the holiday season (Christmas, New Years). Be careful not to be overly affectionate or endearing towards him during the remainder of the holiday season as that would cause more hurt and confusion when you do have the 'talk' with him. Maybe even be ' sick ' on new years eve so you don't have to share the emotions of that night with him. I wish you well with this.How long after the holiday season.....?
do it right after new year.
y wait till after the holiuday.


cuz u dont want to hv a bad christmas


break up wiyt him and dont worre it will all work out
Haven't slept in the same bed for the past 1.5 years??? You should of broken up 1.5 years ago then.
if you are not happy then now is the time no matter what day it is
Heck - I don't even see that you need to wait until after the holidays. But since you seem very considerate, I would wait until late January or early February.





That gets the holidays behind you both, and both will be returning to whatever 'normal' patterns you have by then.





Then you get everything in order for moving out, find a new place, and gently break it to them...





Its a really hard decision, I know, I've been through pretty much the same thing twice in my life...





I wish you all the best.





-dh
ASAP. Don't drag it out any longer. Holiday season or no holiday season...doesn't matter. The break up will be hard no matter what day you do it on.
1 day
As long as u feel, i have been dumped on xmas eve b4 so, well done you for waiting. Hope everything goes smoothly!!!
I would do it between Christmas and new years. Not after the season, if things are as stagnate as they appear that would make for a very awkward New Years kiss. Be adult about it and explain how you feel, and remember no matter what feelings will be hurt, you can't avoid it. However, once it's done and resolved you both can go on to happier lives.
anytime you wanna end it so it doesn't really madder when you break up

No comments:

Post a Comment