Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I get myself into a serious LT relationship?

I`m a 28 gay man. Smart, Handsome, good family and as cocky as it sounds, I am a good catch. The problem is that I never been in a relationship for more than 1 year. I seem to get bored or tired of the things I don`t like about a guy. I don`t know if I haven`t found ';the one'; yet but I see that everytime I breakup with someone they end up with their heart broken and I hate doing that, and on top of it, I end up alone wanting a LTR. What do I do?How can I get myself into a serious LT relationship?
You are probably a very great catch. But if you get bored or let annoying things about another person get to you, it's going to be nearly impossible to find a long term relationship with someone. You need to be willing to accept that there are going to be things you don't like about every human being out there. That's just how it is. There are plenty of things about my husband that drive me insane, turn me off or make me unhappy...but I overlook them and realize that they come with the entire package. I also realize that it's going to be like that with every person...so I just don't let it get to me.





As far as boredom is concerned...that is a natural process in every relationship. Your job is to spice it up if it's really that bad. But in your case, you run towards that ';new relationship'; feeling (might I add, that feeling is the leading cause of cheating spouses). We all get comfortable with our significant other, which leads to laziness, seeing a side of that person that we didn't think we signed up for and various other negatives. But the reward for that is being with someone that really knows you, loves you and is there for you when no one else is. And someone that is there to observe your life and share it with you.





Stop looking for the ';perfect'; relationship and start focusing on fixing and improving the relationship that you are in. Ups and downs are going to be a part of it...there are going to be times when you hate each other...and times when you can't imagine why you ever thought of leaving. I think of it as my own personal soap opera and the story keeps changing, but the characters stay the same.How can I get myself into a serious LT relationship?
not be gay because that is worst thing ever
lower your standards
gay or straight, relations are the same. if you are getting bored with the things you dont like it could just be the way you are thinking and just need to learn how to think more enthusiasticaly about how the things that are wrong leave room to grow for the relationship, your partner, and yourself--you can learn things about yourself you didnt know or things you can improve on and helping someone else always has a posative effect on your self-esteem...be thankful for flaws because flaws are what balance out the good and keep things going because what would you need to work on if everything was already set for you--theres no fun in that...





anyways, good luck
- You might be with the wrong people, incompatible, so find reasons to start disliking them.





- You might become weary, bored, and resentful in a close relationship, and need new excitement.





- You could start by exploring where the boredom comes from, and what initially triggers it.





-
your probally not ready for a long term relationship.
A year IS a long term relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment