Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I just broke his heart and feel terrible.. help!?

How do you breakup with someone when they make you feel so bad that you can't leave. I can't seem to break up with my boyfriend of three years because I always end up hurting when he is hurting over it and he makes me feel terrible. He tells me things like '; i have nothing to live for now, i am beyond depressed ...etc.';. When he tells me these things i breakdown crying because it just make me feel terrible. I am having a difficult time being without him because i do care about him a lot and HATE to see him so hurt. I don't know what to do...I need some advice. We just broke up tonight and I am so hurt by it. If I don't love him why am i hurting so much over this and have a hard time being without him. Thinking of him being hurt makes this all the more difficult, but I feel like our relationship has been really suffering.I just broke his heart and feel terrible.. help!?
you're right about the suffering part... things are not going to get any better if you stayed together. it's good you broke up with him because he needs to deal with issues and fix it himself. he shouldn't be putting the blame on you because it is NOT your fault.





it's normal to feel hurt over all this because you've been together for sooo long. it's like losing an arm... of course you're going to miss it, it's been a part of you your whole life. if something terrible happened to your arm and you had to get rid of it, you do it because it would be useless having a dead arm attached to you right?





with time things will heal. and hopefully he will get used to being without you. It will make him a stronger person and learn not to get depressed so easily..I just broke his heart and feel terrible.. help!?
You need to understand that no break-up is really that easy -- especially if you've been with him for as long as you have. Be confident in the reasons as to why you want to break up. If you have to, make a list of them all before you attempt to break up with him again so that you know what it is that you want to say. When you are breaking up with him, be sensitive to his feelings, but be firm in your reasoning.





Reassure him that just because you might not have the label of ';boyfriend and girlfriend'; anymore, it doesn't mean that you need to disappear from each other's lives forever. Tell him that you will be there for him and that you do support him, but that you'll have to do so from a different role from now on.
  • african american hair
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment